Senior Functional Safety Engineer
- As Senior Functional Safety Engineer, you use your practical experience of working with the ISO26262 functional safety process to guide our project teams in the analysis, implementation and validation of safety measures and concepts to meet the defined safety goals.
- After specific training on transmission systems, you will acquire the necessary system knowledge to analyze the safety aspects of our DCT transmissions and in-house developed controllers with embedded software.
- You will drive and/or execute the required safety analysis and will ensure that these are documented in our documentation tooling.
- You will interact with the Functional Safety department of our customers or act as a Project Functional Safety Manager.
- You will ensure that test and validation reports are also documented.
- In addition, you can collaborate in research projects, improving the functional safety processes and driving the development process and methodology of our mechatronic developments.
- Perform safety management activities per relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
- Collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety.
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262.
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles.
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO26262.
- You preferably obtained a Master's degree in Informatics / Mechatronics / Electronics / Electro-mechanical engineering.
- You have experience in (functional) safety engineering in powertrain technologies (vehicle dynamics, transmissions, engines, electric machines, etc.).
- Experience in Software quality and process (e.g., SPICE, CMMI) is a plus.
- You have knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g., Doors, Polarion, ...).
- You are familiar with automotive development and qualitative processes (FMEA/FTA methods/tools).
- You are able to independently steer a ISO26262 project with your strong analytic and problem-solving skills, while being able to provide guidance to the junior safety engineers.
- You are experienced in the (agile) execution and management of system analysis.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- You have an eye for detail as well as a structured & qualitative way of working.
- An intensive training program that is tailored to your skills and in line with our needs.
- A high-tech environment that is full of creativity and technical talent.
- A varied job, where you will be continually expanding your knowledge.
- A dynamic work atmosphere, good opportunities for training and growth, an organization with a low-level hierarchy, a fluent company culture and an attractive remuneration package.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature